This is our most popular full day course (6 hours approximately). It is fully accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutial Society and features interactive exercises to re-inforce learning and test understanding.
Each delegate receives a comprehensive workbook, our pocket sized 'primer' card, and a Certificate of Completion valid for two years.
Ideal for care staff who are responsible for the administration of medication and are based in:
- residential care homes,
- care homes with nursing,
- domiciliary care organisations,
- extra-care housing schemes, and
- supported living.
The course covers essential areas such as:
- Laws, legislation & medicines,
- Roles & responsibilities of staff,
- Medicine types, routes and how they work,
- Safe administration & management of medicines,
- Record keeping,
- Recognising & dealing with problems.
Following successful course completion, trainees will be able to:
- Define different medicine categories,
- Describe prescription & labelling requirements,
- Understand the importance of dosage directions,
- List common medicine types & their uses
- Know support levels, role, rights and responsibilities with medication
- Explain different administration routes
- Safely select, administer, store & dispose of medicines,
- Maintain accurate records,
- Recognise some side-effects & what action to take
- Describe protocols for homely remedies & "when required" medicines.
This course is very popular, early booking is essential, please email or call to discuss your requirements:
- The cost per delegate is £45.00 excluding VAT.
- Minimum number of delegates per session is 8, maximum of 16.
- Depending on your location from the nearest pharmacist trainer, mileage may be chargeable @ 45p per mile.
AIT Medihelp Ltd
100 Church Street
Tel: 07860 484270 07860 484270
We are proud to announce that we have been recognised by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society as an Accredited Training Provider.
More good News! AIT have once again been endorsed by Skills for Care as a Recognised Training Provider. This is a mark of quality that is given to the best learning and development in the adult social care sector.