This is our most popular full day course (6 hours approx.). It is fully accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutial Society and features interactive exercises to re-inforce learning and test understanding.
Each delegate receives a comprehensive workbook, our pocket sized 'primer' card, and a Certificate of Completion valid for two years.
Ideal for care staff who are new to medicine administration or who require a refresher and are based in:
- residential care homes,
- care homes with nursing,
- domiciliary care organisations,
- extra-care housing schemes, and
- supported living.
The course covers essential areas such as:
- Laws, legislation & medicines,
- Roles & responsibilities of staff,
- Medicine types, routes and how they work,
- Safe administration & management of medicines,
- Record keeping,
- Recognising & dealing with problems.
Following successful course completion, trainees will be able to:
- Define different medicine categories,
- Describe prescription & labelling requirements,
- Understand the importance of dosage directions,
- List common medicine types & their uses
- Know support levels, role, rights and responsibilities with medication
- Explain different administration routes
- Safely select, administer, store & dispose of medicines,
- Maintain accurate records,
- Recognise some side-effects & what action to take
- Describe protocols for homely remedies & "when required" medicines.
This course is very popular, early booking is essential, please email or call to discuss your requirements:
- The cost per delegate is £45.00,
- Minimum number of delegates per session is 8,
- Depending on your location from the nearest pharmacist trainer, mileage may be chargeable @ 45p per mile.
100 Church Street
Tel: 07860 484270 07860 484270
AIT have once again been endorsed by Skills for Care as a Recognised Training Provider. This is a mark of quality that is given to the best learning and development in the adult social care sector.