Shorter than our Foundation Course, this half-day (3.5 hours) course seeks to refresh knowledge in experienced staff and gives updates in the legislation and recommendations surrounding medicines administration.
It features interactive exercises to re-inforce learning and test understanding.
Each delegate receives a comprehensive workbook, our pocket sized 'primer' card, and a Certificate of Completion valid for one year.
Ideal for care staff who require a refresher and are based in:
- residential care homes,
- care homes with nursing,
- domiciliary care organisations,
- extra-care housing schemes, and
- supported living.
The course covers essential areas such as:
- Laws, legislation & medicines,
- Roles & responsibilities of staff,
- Safe handling, administration & management of medicines,
- Record keeping,
- Recognising & dealing with problems.
Following successful course completion, trainees will be able to:
- Outline medicine laws and legal categories,
- Describe prescription & labelling requirements,
- Understand the importance of dosage directions,
- Know support levels, rights and responsibilities with medicines,
- Safely select, administer, store & dispose of medicines,
- Maintain accurate records,
- Recognise some side-effects & what action to take
- Describe protocols for homely remedies & "when required" medicines.
This course is very popular, early booking is essential, please email or call to discuss your requirements:
- The cost is charged per delegate excluding VAT
- Minimum number of delegates per session is 8, maximum of 16
- Depending on your location from the nearest pharmacist trainer, mileage may be chargeable @ 45p per mile.
AIT Medihelp Ltd
100 Church Street
Tel: 07860 484270 07860 484270
Links to Official updates in response to Covid-19 - News
We have updated our T&Cs - you can find it here
We are proud to announce that we have been recognised by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society as an Accredited Training Provider. Click here for details
More good news! We have again been endorsed by Skills for Care as a Recognised Training Provider until 2021. This is a mark of quality that is given to the best learning and development in the adult social care sector. Click here for details