Are you confident you are meeting the required regulatory standards for the safe management of medicines? We can help!
We can arrange comprehensive medicines management audits with one of our experienced pharmacists.
What Benefits Does It Have?
- Ensuring compliance with regulations
- Evidence of staff competency with medication
- Preventing and reducing errors
- Demonstrating accountability
- Identifying opportunities for staff development
Our robust medication audit will consider the following areas of safe medicines management:
• Storage & disposal
• Administering & handling
• Accurate record keeping
• Controlled drugs
• “When required” medication (PRN)
• Non-prescribed medicines (Homely remedies)
During the visit we will advise and support you with your policies and procedures, including:
• Reconciliation of medicines
• Social leave
• Covert administration
• Staff training and competencies
• Error/incident reporting (and corrective action)
We can also, with your permission, observe your staff administering medicines to the people they care for and provide any applicable feedback.
Following our visit we will provide you with a comprehensive written report with recommended actions where appropriate and provide ongoing advice and support to ensure medicines are managed correctly. We will also supply any of our forms or templates for you to use in the safe administration of medicines.
Fee & Booking: from £295.00 (+ VAT) depending on size of care setting, mileage charged @ £0.45 per mile.